It is known that Sultan Murad IV. liked Küçüksu and its environs, and called this area “Silver Cypress”. “Göksu Garden” receives heavy migration, especially in the 18th century. Divitdar Emin Mehmed Pasha builds a two-storey wooden palace to the shoreside of the Göksu Garden.
The wooden palace is used after repairs during the rule of Sultan Selim III. and Sultan Mahmud II. Sultan Abdulmecid demolishes the wooden palace and builds the pavilion still present today. The fountain nearby the Küçüksu Pavilion which was completed in 1857 was built by Mihrişah Valide Sultan, the mother of Sultan Selim III in 1806. The fountain that lies between the Göksu and Küçüksu promenades is one of the most depicted structures in old pictures of the Bosphorus. The construction of the pavilion was completed in 1857 and it was built upon an area of 15x27 meters with stone masonry walls. The pavilion has three stories including the basement, its subbasement is set aside for a cellar, kitchen and servants, while the other floors are arranged in four rooms opening to a central space. The structure reflects the traditional Turkish home plan that have the characteristics of a “base camp” used for resting and hunting. The façade decorations were renovated and enriched during the rule of Sultan Abdulaziz. Western decoration motifs were used on its seaside façade and its small pool with a fountain leaning on this façade. Küçüksu Pavilion is like an art museum with its rooms and halls furnished with furnitures and valuable works of art ordered from Europe, its beveled plaster and penwork decorated ceilings, its fireplaces built with different colors and shapes of Italian marbles that remind a fireplace museum, its wooden floor tiles that are differently decorated and crafted for every room, its European-style furniture, carpets and paintings. The structure was used as a state guest house for a while. A comprehensive restoration project starting in 1992 prevented Küçüksu Pavilion from slipping out to the sea. The pavilion opened to visitors as a museum-palace in 1996. The periphery of the pavilion recived the identity of a promenade where the people can have fun and rest, just like in the past, after the rearrangements in recent years with the pier right next to it, its cafeteria, fountain square, rebuilt Küçüksu Masjid and its unique garden. Moreover, the expanded quay of the pavilion hosts national and international receptions.