During the reign of Sultan Ibrahim, Hezarpare Ahmed Pasha builds a palace with a large garden in this village where once all the inhabbitants were nonmuslims. Mustafa III builds a school, mosque, fountain and bath and settles the Turkish population around themm Although the Christian population dwindles in time, it never ceases to exist. In 1894, the Ayios Constantinos Greek Orthodox church is built. The district also contains the Aya Kiryaki Holy Spring. There were one church, two mosques, one fishery, two bakeries, one biscuit mill and seven seaside mansions in Paşabahçe in the 19th century. There were glass, porcelain and candle workshops in Paşabahçe. The glass factory estabilshed in 1934 and the raki and spirit factory commissioned in 1922 caused the population of the district to rise sharply. Paşabahçe is one of the favorite spots of the people of Istanbul with its recreational spots on the coastline, and the restaurants located on its bay, which is one of the largest in the Anatolian side of the Bosphorus.