Anadolu Feneri (Anatolian Lighthouse) is on a small peninsula that lies btween the Çakaltepe and Kabakoz bays at the mouth of the Bosphorus that opens to the Black Sea. The lighthouse that is preserved in its original form, can see out up to 16 nautical miles and was built in 1834. The lighthouse gives the village its name and was built to help the allied ships to better see the entrance to the Bosphorus and the Black Sea during the Crimean War. The lighthouse is built on a hill overlooking Cape Yom is 20 meters tall, and it is 70 meters above sea level. It is one of the rare lighthouses that preserve its original form.
The village was founded to accomodate the soldiers working at the lighthouse. In time, soldiers from the Caucassus and later from Crete were housed in the village. The castle is inscribed with the text “This is the new castle, the construction of which was ordered by Ahmed III to protect the Black Sea Pass,” however its function was lost in time. The Lighthouse located at the tip of Cape Yom, which is about 50 meters above sea level, and is situated inside the castle. The rearranged castle has a magnificient view