The real name of the village is Çavuşlu Farm. The Bulgarian Turks who came from Rusçuk were settled here between 1928-1929. The village was a model village for the Republic and was established on Mustafa Kemal’s orders. Moreover, Mustafa Kemal came to this village in 1937 to oversee the progress, and he very much liked the construction and layout of the village. Later, an area was enclosed and trees were planted on behalf of Atatürk. Cumhuriyet Village is a large forest village by Istanbul’s standards, and it is famous for the organic fruits and vegetables it grows, and its animal products. Makeshift stands near the road serve the people of Istanbul who escape the chaos of the city in the weekends during summer. The village has 13.000 square meters of forest area, which was declared as a protected site, o which there are picnic sites and a horse ranch.