Shoe Factory

Beykoz

Beykoz Kundura witnessed the move towards real industry in the leather business during the 19th century Ottoman era when personal workshops turned to small centers for leather crafting. With the construction of the leather facility, the factory began production in a bid to satisfy the army’s need for sandals; the production capacity was then increased in 1845 with the introduction of new technologies, steam machines and leather wells. Beykoz Kundura has not been turned into a public space, and is currently only open to the use of professionals of the creative industry and for event organizations.

Shoe Factory

41.140739,29.082427